Change your EPF registered mobile number | update a new mobile number when you lost the EPF registered mobile number
EPFO has made it easy for all its users to access various services via SMS on the registered mobile number. All the EPF members can register and change their mobile number on the UAN portal anytime without the need of UAN helpdesk. Changing the mobile number in the EPF account is very easy. Let’s get to know the process of changing the mobile number by reading the below post.
How To change your EPF registered mobile number
Follow the below steps to change your EPF registered mobile number:
- Visit EPF website and click on the option Manage Users from the home page.
- Select Contact Details from the menu.
- You will be redirected to a new page where you need to enter the new mobile number two times.
- After entering, click on the button Get Authorization PIN
- You will receive the OTP to the new number you have entered
- Enter the OTP to get your new number updated in the EPFO database.
- Click on the button Save Changes
- A new message will be appeared on the screen “Contact Details Updated Successfully”
How to update a new mobile number when you lost the EPF registered mobile number?
Here are the steps to change your mobile number when you have do not have access to the EPF registered mobile number.
- Visit unifiedportal.epfindia.gov.in
- At the right side of the page, click on the option UAN Member e-SEWA that is under For Employees section.
- You will be redirected to a new page where you need to enter the UAN and password.
- Enter the captcha code as shown in the image.
- Click on the button Login.
- Select the Manage tab and click on the Contact Details option.
- Click on the checkbox Change Mobile No
- Enter the new mobile number two times to confirm it.
- Click on Get Authorized PIN button
- You will receive an OTP for the new mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and click on Save Changes button.
That’s all your new mobile no will get registered under the EPF Member Portal. You will be able to access the services provided by EPF via SMS to your new mobile number.
EPF Services through Mobile:
EPF member can access various services by visiting the website as well as through the SMS service and the UMANG app. You can find the services provided by the EPF via SMS:
Your UAN and it’s status (Active or inactive)
- EPF Details
- EPF Balance
- EPF transfer/withdrawal status
- Bank account, Aadhaar, and PAN linking status
- Last contribution
- OTP service for authentication